Saturday, May 12, 2012

First Week of Work!!!

Hey everyone!!! I hope everyone's had a great few weeks! So, this week has been my first week working as an intern for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I must say, it has been a pretty good week. I really like the job! First thing, this is a very faced-paced job. It's the real deal. Just like any other job in industry. I don't know that for sure, because I haven't worked anywhere else, but the professionalism in the workplace is pretty amazing. Second, the atmosphere is fantastic. It feels good when you walk into work. I've been really impressed with the team I work with and the people I've met; so far, I've been the only one to get frustrated :). They're quite amazing! On top of that, my manager, Ted, made it clear that not knowing what's going on is just fine; he told me that he didn't expect me to know everything, but he did expect me to ask questions and to figure out what I don't know; how relieving is that! Since then, I've loved working here. The other thing that's pretty incredible is how nice the people here are; they understand completely when I have to leave for a few minutes to take care of things at home. I'm a service missionary, right? Well, I need internet to serve. Well, on Friday I had to leave at two to get my router from the UPS guys, and they were just fine with it! In short, the job is simply perfect; it is really challenging, and I am really going to stretch and grow academically this summer; on the other hand, I am able to support myself, and they allow me to get other important things done in my life. The other tangent I wanted to head down is how wonderful of a family I have. I had my bachelor's party today; we went and played laser tag, ate pizza, played frisbee. It was SO much fun, but the thing that really stuck out was how much my family and I bonded today; particularly between my brothers and my friends. The love that was felt today, oh how it was worth it! Today has been a pretty incredible day because of that love that has been felt, I think. Anyways, I'm just rambling as of right now. I have learned an interesting lesson on priorities this week. I felt like I juggled a lot last semester. Well, with a full-time job, I really haven't had much opportunity to do much besides work. It has left me to think that maybe from now on instead of trying to do all kinds of things, maybe I should try instead to choose which things are most important, and do those things very well. Anyways, I'll see you guys next week! Then it will only be a week until I am married! SO HAPPY!!!!! Michael White

No comments:

Post a Comment