Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Life's Lessons

Hey everyone,

First, I should tell everyone about how the baby is doing. Turns out he's doing just dandy! He/She is about the size of a doughnut hole now, and very real. Our doctor said that he/she moves around a lot. Rachel is feeling a load better as well now that there's not as much stress in her life (it's nice to be out of school)

I'm glad to be out of school as well, but it's back to working hard pretty soon!

I have a couple of interesting stories to tell you guys. I made one of the dumbest choices I have ever made a few weeks ago in my Operations Management class; I decided to skip a quiz. I though, “of course my grade will be able to take it, I've got something more important going on at the house”. The more important thing was my wife, and I don't regret it, but it was still a dumb choice. The quiz was 12 percent of my grade. All of a sudden I found myself struggling to pass a class, the first time that's ever happened to me. I found out that if I aced the final, I'd be able to get a C+ to a B- type grade, and I'd pass. So … my work was cut out for me. Lucky for me the final was open notes and open book. So what ended up happening is that morning I read my scriptures and went on a run to clear my head, and walked in there ready to take the test. It was the best thing I could have done. I was clear headed and stress free and I did really well! I am going to graduate! But yeah, don't ever decide you can skip a random quiz :/

I've decided life is a lot like that as well. I don't know if you're like me and when faced with a lot of decisions or stress, it gets really easy to just go with something or just take the easy way out. Well, I tried that and all it did was cause a lot of long-term consequences. So yeah, life requires us to be clear headed and to think things through, otherwise we'll experience a lot of consequences we don't really want to experience.

The other big thing that's been going on lately is the job hunt. I haven't been offered any full-time salaried positions as of yet, and that was a bit discouraging at first. However, an email from a wise friend inspired me. She told me that if I wanted to get hired, I should make myself qualified! So, now I'm completely into it. I'm writing a professional level website (I'm going to write myself a personal planner type website because I didn't have any other bright ideas), and I got a job at a company that's going to teach how to maintain and host a website of my own as I learn and help others do the same. I'm super excited to buckle down and learn more, but it's been a great spiritual experience as well. It wasn't enough to just go through school. I've had to rely on the Lord to help me rise to where He knows I can be. This has drawn me so close to Him, and I'm really grateful for it.


It's amazing where the Lord is taking us, I am really excited about it.

Michael White

No comments:

Post a Comment