Saturday, April 2, 2011

Hey guys :D. The biggest thing that is on my mind is the Lord always provides a way for us to accomplish the things he wants us to accomplish. I was pretty stressed out on Friday because Conference Weekend and singing in the Priesthood Session put a serious damper on my homework time. I'm already short on time as it is, and so I have been struggling with how on earth I was supposed to stay caught up. Well, I can gladly say that no matter how stressed out life becomes, i'll always be able to accomplish the things the Lord wants me to accomplish. I know this because I'm watching it happen. I somehow was able to get all of my service mission training done just in time to watch conference. It's pretty neat :D.

I have such a great family. Talked to mom yesterday, and that really made me happy. I also had a really good talk with my dad last night. My dad is such a smart man, I love him tons :D. Every time I talk with him, he shares connections he's made about stuff he's studying in school, and I feel my own brain being stretched in the process. I love my dad more than this blog can say, and I feel the same way about mom. It was so nice to talk to her, it really made me happy.

Man, I'm probably the luckiest kid in the world. While life is stressful, as everyone's life is, I can rest easy because I know that I will be fine. Haha, I wish I could have a few more hours every day to get all of my things done that I need to get done, but I'm going to be ok :D. It's so nice to know that.

I answered some emails for the first time a few days ago! It was a lot of fun, and i'm so happy that i'm wrapping up my training and instead getting down to business. It's a whole new set of skills that I'm learning. I have discovered through my training that I know the answers, but explaining the answer clearly, and explaining it to someone who isn't the greatest with computers are challenges that will greatly benefit me. I'm so grateful for the opportunity that I have to serve.

I am a tad nervous to answer phone calls. Ok, haha, i'm VERY nervous to answer phone calls. However, that's the most important part of the Service Mission, in my opinion. Being able to effectively answer phone calls from patrons is going to teach me some very valuable communication skills.

I'm grateful that the Lord is willing to let someone like me life up His children. I had a really neat experience that I would like to share. I had a feeling to go to Smith's. That made no sense to me; I just wanted to go home. But, I've had that feeling before, so I went anyways. I ended up getting disney princess fruit snacks, which makes even less sense. But, when I got home that night, I said a prayer and asked Heavenly Father who needed them, and a friend came to mind. I went and seen her, and it turns out she really did need someone; she was having a rough time. Thanks to the Lord guiding me; giving me guidance, I was able to help someone who needed it. I'm accepting the fact that I am going to get asked to do things that may not necessarily make sense at the time, but they will make sense after, and i'll always be glad I obeyed.

I've been so blessed in my life, and I'm so excited to listen to general conference. I'm excited to sing in the Priesthood session, and I'm excited to finish the semester. That month off is going to be one of the most exciting months ever!!! I'm going to get so much done in other areas of my life while i'm not in school!!!

Love you guys! Until next week!!!

Michael White

No comments:

Post a Comment